- IDeA - the Improvement and Development Agency works for local government improvement so councils can serve people and places better
- CLG - Communities and Local Government aims to foster prosperous and cohesive communities, offering a safe, healthy and sustainable environment for all
- Commission on Integration and Cohesion - a fixed term advisory body established to look at how local areas can make the most of diversity while being able to respond to the tensions it may cause. CIC published its final report on 14 June 2007
- EHRC - On 1 October 2007 the three equality commissions [Commission for Racial Equality (CRE), Disability Rights Commission (DRC) and Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)] merged into the new Equality and Human Rights Commission. EHRC champions equality and human rights for all, working to eliminate discrimination, reduce inequality, protect human rights and to
build good relations, ensuring that everyone has a fair chance to participate in society.
- CIH - the Chartered Institute of Housing is the professional body for people working in housing across the UK. Its purpose is to maximise the contribution that housing professionals make to the well being of communities
- The Housing Corporation - formerly the government agency that funds new affordable homes and regulates housing associations in England. The Housing Corporation closed in November 2008 and the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008 established the TSA and the HCA.
- Tenant Services Authority (TSA) - the new regulator for affordable housing acts as a watchdog for social tenants. The TSA will regulate social housing landlords, setting high standards of management across housing associations and at a later date local authority social homes.
- Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) - brings together responsibility for the land and the money to deliver new housing, community facilities and infrastructure. The HCA will ensure that homes are built in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable way and has a key role to play in regenerating communities.
- HACT - the Housing Associations' Charitable Trust is a development agency that acts as a catalyst for change in the housing sector. HACT identifies emerging need, then develops, tests and promotes practical solutions for social inclusion acting as a bridge between housing associations and the wider Third Sector.
- Opening Doors - a joint initiative between HACT and CIH, this project is testing practical ways that housing associations can meet the housing needs of refugees, asylum seekers and ohter newly arrived migrant communites
- The Mentoring and Befriending Foundation (MBF) - provides provides guidance and support to organisations and practitioners involved in mentoring and befriending. As the national strategic body, MBF also works to influence policy and practice in the sector and across government.
- NGA Community Cohesion - has a range of copyright free resources and case studies from the National Governors' Association, in partnership with the Department of Children, Schools and Families (DCSF), using schools as a focal point for better
relationships between diverse communities.
- European website on integration (EWSI) - provides a collection of good practice and a wide variety of tools and useful information to make integration work.